Great Opportunity! Commercial HVAC Controls Programmer Full-time. This opportunity will give you the advantage of working for a locally-owned company with an excellent reputation where your work makes a difference.
The Commercial HVAC Controls Programmer is responsible for creating computer programs by converting project requirements into code as well as modifying, troubleshooting and repairing existing programs for environmental control systems.
What you'll do:
- Convert project requirements into computer program code
- Confirm project requirements by reviewing shop drawings, input data, and output requirements with applications engineer, supervisor, and client
- Confirm program operation by conducting tests and modifying program sequence
- Maintain accurate historical records by documenting program development and revisions while observing high quality standards
- Ensure operation of equipment by following manufacturer’s instructions, studying and establishing connectivity with network systems, troubleshooting malfunctions, calling for repairs, evaluating new equipment and techniques
- Perform preventative maintenance, site surveys, replacement, and modifications as needed or requested by customers.
- Use software and technology, along with a variety of hand-tools, following blueprints or engineering specifications, to diagnose and repair units
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by participating in education opportunities, reading professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional organizations
- Update job knowledge by researching new internet/intranet technologies and software products; meet programming standards by following productivity, quality and customer-service standards; identify work process improvements and implement new technologies
- Respond to emergency situations during or after hours for the purpose of resolving immediate safety concerns.
- Frequently travel to out-of-town work assignments with occasional over-night stays
- Establish & maintain a positive relationship with customers, vendors and co-workers through effective oral and written communication skills via phone, computer, and face to face
- Perform other related duties as assigned to ensure the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit.
Education and/or Experience we're looking for:
- Post-secondary education in programming related study or equivalent and 2 - 5 years of experience in building automated control systems; OR equivalent combination of education (technical school) and experience is required.
Operating knowledge of Microsoft Office software and working proficiency with hand-held computer (i.e. Smartphone, iPad.)g
Knowledge and programming experience of building automation control systems, specifically Tridium, Niagra products, preferred.
What you need to be successful:
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong computer documentation skills
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret blueprints, procedure manuals and job specifications
- Ability to write reports and business correspondence
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from co-workers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record
- High attention to detail and excellent problem solving skills
- Ability to read, comprehend and implement plans, specifications and contracts.
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking and time management skills.
- Willingness to ask questions and pursue multiple solutions to a problem.
- Ability to travel and attend out of area training, meetings and/or conferences as assigned.
- Maintain confidentiality of information.
- Able to pass security clearance required by clients.
- Willing to work flexible hours as needed.
Climate Systems offers a competitive salary and benefit package including:
Group Health Insurance Plan
Paid Vacation and Holidays
Paid Accommodations for Overnight Travel and Subsistence Pay
Payroll Deduction Service for Supplemental Insurance Plans
Climate Systems, Inc began like a lot of new companies…a couple of highly-motivated individuals who wanted to control their own destiny got together and made a plan. In 1984, Dave Stadheim and Jim Ryan shared a belief that the Sioux Empire needed a highly-innovative HVAC company that could serve the needs of mechanical contractors, engineers and the owners of commercial buildings. We recognize the key to success is being proactive, listening and constantly thinking of ways to fix our client’s most critical needs. While our company has grown, this philosophy has never wavered. Thirty years later, we look forward to writing the next chapter in the Climate Systems history.
Climate Systems, Inc. is always looking for honest, hard-working men and women who love solving problems and working with people. Whether it’s a clerical position, or a top engineering position, you might be the right fit for our company. For immediate consideration, please feel free to apply via the website.
Climate Systems, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.